Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Early Autumn at the Cabin

Chukani left for the cabin last Thursday night, to spend a few days up there for my birthday. The weather was cool and we enjoyed the warmth of the crackling fireplace in the evenings.

We also took advantage of the the clear skies and new moon at night for some good star-gazing. The milky-way was so bright and sparkly! With a couple lawn chairs and blankets out in the front meadow, and all the lights off in the cabin it was a prime shooting-star viewpoint.

As you can see in these pics, the Aspens are in the process of turning from bright green to that beautifully glowing gold. We took an early morning walk with Keena and enjoyed the sunrise among the changing leaves. It was a very nice Birthday I have to say.

Notice the mountainside in the background, and you can see the patchwork of light green, gold and dark green as the trees welcome autumn.


We are expecting SNOW in the Denver metro area this week. Seriously!! If it happens, I'll definitely have my camera handy...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I miss the aspen change so much!!! I wish I was there with you! Just a few months though and I will be back for Christmas! Yippee!!!

    Alice

    ReplyDelete