Monday, July 14, 2008

What's the Chukani Tribe?!


It all began back in 2003, when Chuck and I were first dating.

I would chat with my friend Steph on the phone to give her the scoop on the latest date... "Chuck and I went to the new Matrix movie... Chuck and I went to a cool sushi restaurant for dinner... Chuck and I went to the park last night and had a nice talk walking around... Chuck and I... Chuck and I..."

You get the point.

One night Steph laughed and said it sounded like I was talking about an indian tribe or something, and promptly started teasing me about the ChuckandI tribe. We both found it hilarious, and even more so that I couldn't stop saying it!

Time passes quickly, and now here it is, 3 blissful years into our marriage, and the Chukani tribe is here to stay.


So welcome dear family and friends, as we share the highlights of day to day life.

I promise lots of pictures too!

3 comments:

  1. That's a cute story about your name. We're Dirk-n0Da, which sounds kind of like "birkenstock" if you say it fast. My nickname is "Da" because mom thought "Melinda" was too long to always be writing in her dayplanner.

    And your dog is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! Welcome to the world of blogging. Cute name for your blog I must say! It's a great way to stay in touch and see what other's are up to! Glad to see you're doing well. Feel free to check out both our (my) blogs -- goosebugandbee.blogspot.com and for the girly hair stuff babesinhairland.blogspot.com

    Have a great one!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought "Da" came from the noises she first made when the halo-brace was removed...

    It is good to see you online and to be able to touch base with you that way. I liked the links to the animal pix with captions.

    Mike P in SLC

    ReplyDelete