Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A cold, but beautiful sunrise

It snowed here in Denver over the weekend, and I absolutely love how everything looks all covered in white fluff!

Chuck normally takes Keena out for a walk each morning at about 5:30 am. He came down with a bad cold over the weekend and wanted to sleep in a bit Saturday, so I offered to take Keena for her "morning constitutional."
Since it snowed Friday night while we were over at Bill and Di's (we went over there for a game night with Bill and Donna, it was lots of fun) I stayed in bed until about 6:30 Saturday. I wanted to be closer to sunrise in hopes that it would be a tad warmer.

I sleepily bundled up against the cold, and got Keena on her leash and out the door.
BRR!! It was so cold... but the dog was oh so excited to be out in the white wonderland. We walked for about 40 minutes, and she just kept running and jumping through the snow whenever she could, it was so much fun to watch.
The sky got lighter and lighter, and as we rounded the last corner a block from home, the grey sky turned the most gorgeous color of salmon pink, it nearly took my breath away. All was so still and silent, it seemed like Keena and I were the only ones up. I could hardly believe the colors... the snowy landscape so bluey and white, with the sky just as pink as could be. And wherever the sunlight glanced off the snow, it made everything glow.
Pardon all the wires in this photo- I couldnt get a better shot and the light was fading with each passing second, so I snapped what I could before the sun rose up into the clouds and fog again.
The light on the Chinese Elm in Pat's front yard was so pretty!

This is my absolute favorite photo from that quiet frozen dawn. I think it was the best reward for getting up early on a day off. Just lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment