Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas to all


Maybelle had a great time Christmas eve, she snoozed under Pat's Christmas tree while we were all watching Miracle on 34th Street. I think the sparkly lights (and being so near the heater!) were exciting for her.


I don't have to work for the rest of the year! Yea!! I was able to leave work around 2:30 on Wesnesday. I came home and started dinner, we had porcupine meatballs in the crock pot. No- they're not really made of porcupine. Meatballs with rice in them... the rice cooks and sticks out so they look like a porcupine... sort of. Anyway, it was yummy. Chukani went to church with Pat for the Christmas eve service. Lots of carols to sing, and candlelight, it was really nice. We went to the later service this year, and it wasn't nearly as crowded as years past.

Christmas Eve was spent watching Christmas movies with Mom, then I prepped a breakfast strata before bed while Chuck played with Keena. We were all tucked in for our long winter's nap by midnight. No snow though... this was not going to be the year for a White Christmas in Denver. (Utah, I hear, was a different story!)

We didn't get to sleep in much on Christmas morning... miss Keena started howling for her walk before 7am. So, we took her for a walk around the park. Brr, it was so cold! (Ironically, it was mugh warmer in the afternoon- over 50 degrees and bright blue sky as we drove over to cousin Nancy's for the Thompson Family Christmas Brunch.) But no- at 7am it was COLD outside. Makes me wonder why we walk her so early in the morning!

Brunch was lots of fun. Great food as always, and really nice to see family. We all live somewhat close, but it seems we don't see each other very often. I enjoyed catching up with Aunt Mildred for a bit, she's an awesome lady. Nancy is such a great hostess... always there to fill up a coffee cup and make sure you've had at least one helping of dessert. It's just not Christmas if we don't go to brunch at her house!

Christmas evening Chukani watched Prince Caspian, and just sorta chilled out. Food coma?!

I did talk to my parents in CA for an hour or so- the big news is what my bro and sis-in-law got my Mom for Christmas... Tickets to see Neil Diamond New Year's Eve! 8th row center... she is SOOO excited! Neil baby is her fave...I guess she actually cried when she opened the gift. Wow Todd and Randi- you really came up with an awesome gift for her! I am impressed! Turns out my dad was in on it too, he's already got a hotel room booked for after the show (it's in Fresno, CA) so she's all set for a fabulous concert to ring in the new year with her favorite singer of all time. I told her to call me on her cellphone when he sings September Morn. After hearing his music my entire childhood (believe me when I tell you Neil Diamond is Mom's FAVORITE!!) I think so many of his songs bring back childhood memories of Todd and I with mom... and Neil on the stereo.

Today I am going to see my friend Jen, she moved to New Mexico earlier this fall, but is back in town for the holidays to be with her family. I think we're going to Chipotle for lunch... yum!

Then tonight, Chukani and Pat are packing and getting ready to head to the cabin. We're going up with the Robbins's (Bill & Di, Alice, Bill & Donna and baby David too!) for our traditional New Year's Rockin' Eve at the Cabin! We'll be snowmobiling, roasting marshmallows, and frolicking the eskimo way all week... good times ahead!

Chukani hope your Christmas was blessed with love and joy- and we wish you the Happiest of New Years for 2009!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Christmas and New Year's would be way fun too! The Porters had Christmas Dinner at our house--tasty, fun, & noisy! Because of a huge storm that hit late in the day, most of the family stayed overnight at Jared's rather than return to home. New Year's Eve all the southern folks came north. Some stayed at our place and the rest at Jared's (again). Sledding the next day was great and then pizza and games ended the party. Hope you don't get snowed in at the cabin!
    Love you guys!
    Aunt mairlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humph! Didn't even spell my name right above! Blame it on age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Christmas was great and we spend new years at the snow too. I need your email so I can send you pics of the kids. They had a blast. Thanks for the goodies. Hope you enjoyed yours too.
    Lots of love,
    Ran, Todd, Jaden & Shae

    ReplyDelete