Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Part 3 of 3


An American flag flies in a light breeze over headstones at Fort Logan National Cemetery near sunset.(John Leyba, The Denver Post)

So for those of you that have returned to see part 3 of my Memorial Day blogs I welcome you and wish you all a Happy Memorial Day. I know that for as long as I remember Memorial Day has meant more than just the unofficial start to summer. Everyone enjoys the three day weekend and I can relate to that. I just encourage everyone to say a little prayer of thanks for those men and women that have given their blood, their years of service and for some their lives to defend the ideals of what that this country stands.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Irving Berlin, 1918; revised 1938


Spoken Introduction:
While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God bless America, land that I love

Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with the light from above
From the mountains To the prairies,
To the ocean white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment