Friday, March 27, 2009

Blizzard '09... the day after

Good Morning my friends! Snowy Colorado is living up to it's name... We woke up this morning to a marshmallow-fluff world. It's a brisk 16 degrees out (brr) and the snow is still lightly falling.

The best news is that my agency is closed again today, so I have another day off without having to use vacation time. Yippee!

It's nice to have a break from work. I am helping my friend Samantha with her friend Megan's baby shower on Saturday, so I actually have several things to do and bake to get that ready, and now I won't have to stay up late tonight to get it all done. We are having an afternoon tea party, so I am making scones, tea sandwiches and cookies. We've got pretty teacups and teapots, fancy hats for the ladies to wear, and it's going to be a fun party.

So this morning I think we're going to make a nice big breakfast at home- eggs, bacon and maybe pancakes! Chukani will drink hot cocoa and watch a movie, and then when (IF?!) it warms up a bit and stops snowing, we'll bundle up and take Keena for a long walk in the snow.

Here are some more pictures of the snowy scenery from this morning... I know we've certainly had deeper snowfalls, but this is a doozy here nonetheless.



I think we've gotten about a foot of snow... it was so windy yesterday the high drifts are misleading.

Looks like Narnia to me!



Chuck promises we're not stuck here... we can get out just fine in the truck. (He doesn't know I was standing in snow above my knees to take this picture!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment